Saturday 3 January 2015

WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY: INSANITY ROUND UP AND RESULTS



I went from a BMI of 27 to 19.8 in two years. I have gone from being very overweight to below a normal weight and I am sharing my journey on how I did it. If you haven't read my introduction to this, then please do so- as it might really help you.

So, you have heard up to until I had nearly finished Insanity. For those who can't remember ( or who just don't know ) , Insanity is a two month workout DVD that makes you burn a hell of a lot of calories, as well as build muscle. It uses high-interval training in order to make you work the most sweat- and it is extremely effective. You hardly get any rests, which increases the workload and thus means results occur quicker. It is one of the most effective and popular workout plans on the market.

Now, I finished Insanity in a weird way. In the second month, I started to not do the workouts to their fullest. This is because they were an hour long, and I did not have the time to complete them, due to school and doing things with my friends. My parents also started arriving earlier from work, which meant I could not use the living room ( the only space I had ) to do Insanity. So on some days I started doing half a workout and the rest the following day.

After the two months had been more or less, I cam to a halt, but it was not sudden. I started playing football more often and doing other sports, and so I gradually did less Insanity until I did not do it any more. I had completed the two months you were meant to do- so I had a reason to stop. After Insanity, I went on to weights and abs workouts, but I will get to that on other posts.

The results of Insanity were very good. At the beginning, I was still very fat and my fitness was very low. Over the course of the two months, all of this changed. I became thinner, and I was at a normal weight by the end. I did not measure at the time but I reckon my BMI was about 23 or so. I had become more confident in myself, and felt happier. I also became stronger, and my strength enabled me to excel in other things. Finally, my fitness levels increased and my stamina was greatly improved.

Insanity Pro's and Con's

Pro's
  • You lose weight incredibly quickly
  • Pushes you to the max and makes you sweat
  • Little/no rest times therefore fast results
  • Increased strength and fitness.  
  • Improved confidence and happiness   

Con's
  • Not for the faint-hearted!
Overall, Insanity changed my life for the better. It turned me into a much healthier and fitter person in only two months, Yes, it was incredibly hard, but it was also incredibly beneficial. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight or anyone wanting a challenge. Id say it is the best workout out there. 

Next post- my diet and transition into other self-formulated workouts

Thank for reading, please subscribe and like (we will like and subscribe back) . Thanks again and peace!

2 comments:

  1. This is inspiring. I also went the same journey as you. From 68 kilos I trimmed down to 55 kilos now. If we can make it happen, so as the others. I also write about fitness on my blog

    iamkimmylicious.blogspot.com

    Keep inspiring people.

    ReplyDelete